Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Does NHS Student Bursaries fund students studying outside of England?

NHS Student Bursaries fund eligible courses at English universities only, with the exception of Medical and Dental students from England going to study in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. These students may also be funded by Student Bursaries (subject to certain residency criteria). 
Any nursing, midwifery or AHP students going to study in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland should contact the relevant authorities in the country you plan to study in.

The contact details for the other funding authorities are:

Student Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) NHS Bursary: 0300 555 0505

NHS Wales Student Awards Unit: 02920 905 380

Student Finance NI administer bursaries on behalf of the NHS - 0300 100 0077

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?