Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I claim Dependants Allowance for my dependents living overseas?

Normally, dependents of the student must be ordinarily resident in the UK. There may be exceptions to this if you can satisfactorily demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that the person (child or adult) who lives overseas is wholly or mainly financially dependent on you for their day-to-day needs.

You will need to provide a cover letter explaining the full reasons the person(s) are financially dependent on you along with evidence of this, for example evidence of regular money transfers you make to person(s).

Applications for overseas dependents are looked at on a case by case basis and a decision will be made based on the information supplied.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?