Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I apply for Dependants Allowance for my partner if I am a dependent student?

Yes, if you live with your partner you can apply for Dependants Allowance.

A student can be classed as dependent on their parent(s) income for the main bursary award but still claim Dependants Allowance for a partner.

Your parent(s) income would be used to assess your entitlement to the basic award and extra weeks allowance, and your partner’s income (if any) will be used to assess the Dependants Allowance.

If your parents do not declare their income on the application, the award will be assessed as ‘Fees only’ and you will not be able to claim Dependants Allowance for your partner.

claim for partner, claim for partner, 
See also...