Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Am I entitled to the Extra Weeks Allowance during my Medical /Dental course intercalation year?

Yes, if your intercalation year consists of more than 30 eligible weeks of study you may be entitled to the Extra Weeks Allowance.

The university in which you are attending your intercalation year will need to provide us with your term dates via a ‘Medical and Dental Dates of Attendance’ form (previously known as a BUR100 MED). If the university does not usually provide NHS funded courses and therefore does not have this form, please ask them to contact us to discuss obtaining it.

Once we have received and processed your term dates we will add any Extra Weeks Allowance awarded to you in your BOSS Payment Schedule. However, this may not show in your Payment Schedule Summary or Notification of Award (NOA). If you require confirmation in place of your NOA, showing your full entitlement, you will need to contact us to arrange this.

See also...